7U TRAVEL PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Ridge 7U travel baseball program is a semi-competitive (non-recreational) baseball program. Teams will represent Ridge Baseball Club during the late spring and summer baseball seasons.
While the 8U through 12U Travel Programs begin with evaluations in the fall in preparation for start of early spring baseball in March, the Ridge 7U Travel Program begins with evaluations in mid-May. Teams will be formed by the end of May and play against other local 7U town teams beginning in June and extending through the end of July. You can expect to play approximately 15 baseball games.
It is important to understand that the Travel Baseball Program requires commitment from both the player, and the player's family. Teams may participate in holiday tournaments throughout the Spring and Summer season (example: 4th of July), and depending on the league or tournaments that the team participates in, may have multiple games in a weekend, or in one day. Frequent schedule changes are to be expected due to weather and changing dates in leagues and tournaments, so players and parents must plan to be flexible. Prompt and regular attendance is a must for all Travel players. Participation in another sport is not prohibited, but, priority shall be given to the Travel baseball program.
EVALUATION AND TEAM PLACEMENT
RBC will hold an Evaluation Clinic in which the players will participate in fun baseball activities while they are evaluated for placement on a team. The Evaluation Clinic will be on May 16, 2021 at 3:00 pm at the RBC Complex. One, two or three evenly skilled teams will be created depending on the number of players and the availability of Managers and Coaches. It is important to note that no player will be cut unless we believe their participation will pose a safety issue.
Player's eligible age is determined by the official Cal Ripken Baseball Age Chart. Eligible players are those born between May 1, 2013 and April 30, 2014. There are generally no exceptions to the age requirement. While those players born after April 30, 2014 will generally have to wait until next season to participate in the Ridge Travel Baseball Program, exceptions will be made ONLY IF we need additional players to complete rosters.
- Players must register for the 2021 7U Program and attend the 7U Evaluation Clinic.
- Participation in the 7U Evaluation Clinic is mandatory for all players who wish to be placed on a Travel team. The only exception is a player who is in attendance but is injured and cannot participate.
- Players must register for, and actively participate (i.e. 50% or more of all recreation games) in the Ridge Baseball Club's 2021 Spring Recreation Season to play Travel baseball.
- Players must live in Basking Ridge or go to an Elementary, Private or Preschool in Basking Ridge. (We will need to assist you in registering if you do not live in Basking Ridge).
FEES AND UNIFORMS
- There is no fee to participate in the 7U Evaluation Clinic. Once the player is assigned to a team, a Base Fee of $300 will be charged. The Base Fee shall include a uniform (which will be different than the uniform being worn by our 8U-12U travel teams).
- Additional fees may be requested by the manager for training or participation in additional events.
- There will be no refund of the base Travel Baseball registration fee for any other reason than not having enough players and managers to form complete teams.
If you are Interested in being considered for a Travel Team Manager, please click the following link and complete the online form.
The Travel Committee will review all applicant’s submissions and choose the managers, subject to full RBC Board approval. Interviews may be conducted.